The Student Council comprises of student representatives and faculty member. The student representatives for various positions in the Student Council are nominated and elected by the students through a very transparent voting mechanism. The election is usually carried out in the month of September. The Student Council comprises of the following positions:
1. General Secretary - 1
2. Sports secretary - 1
3. Cultural Secretary - 1
4. Faculty in Charge - 2
The Institute Social Responsibility (ISR) initiative at Kautilya Institute of Management & Research aims at the holistic development of the student through community service involving extension activities and social outreach programme.
ISR is student centered initiative undertaken by the Student Council and facilitated by the faculty members.
The main objectives of ISR are as follows:
1. Sensitizing the students towards the social, environment and gender equality issues.
2. Nurture the students as responsible citizens with moral, ethical and social values.
3. Help in holistic development of the students.
4. Create positive impact in the neighborhood community.
The primary benefits of ISR are as follows:
1. Empower the students to take steps to help the society.
2. Help the students to be thoughtful and socially aware.
The secondary benefits include:
1. Helps to develop thinking skills while solving real world problems.
2. Improvement in communication & interpersonal skills.
3. Develop skill to work well with team & develop leadership abilities.
4. Enrichment towards Learning
5. Provides opportunity to the students to practice academic teaching outside the classroom.